BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)
CRICOS Code: 106670C
Qualification Status: Current
AQF Level: 8
Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) reflects the roles of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability. The job roles that relate to this qualification may also include RTO Manager and RTO Director.
Units of Competency
This qualification includes 8 units of competency:
- 3 core units
- 5 elective units
|Core Units||BSBLDR811 Lead strategic transformation|
|BSBHRM613 Contribute to the development of learning and development strategies|
|TAELED803 Implement improved learning practice|
|Elective Units||BSBLDR812 Develop and cultivate collaborative partnerships and relationships|
|BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice|
|BSBINS603 Initiate and lead applied research|
|BSBMKG625 Implement and manage international marketing programs|
|BSBAUD601 Establish and manage compliance management systems|
The Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) course will be delivered face-to-face for 20 hours per week over 78 weeks, including term breaks.
Multiple intakes every year. Please contact admin team for more information.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- English Language Requirement: an English language proficiency level of one of the following:
- IELTS band score of 6.0 or equivalent, or
- For students from assessment Level 1 countries – Mercury Institute of Victoria English Placement Test
- Academic Requirement: satisfactory completion of an Advanced Diploma course or equivalent
- Age Requirement: students must be a minimum age of 18 years or above at the time of course commencement
- Pre-Training Review: all learners will undertake an initial skills assessment to determine suitability for the course and student needs. The review aims to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, the relevance of the course and relevant experience. Determination of course suitability and additional support (if any) will be made by a qualified assessor
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN): all students will be required to complete an LLN assessment prior to the commencement of the course. MIV uses LLN robot platform for the assessment. All reports, training supplements and recommendations are generated by the LLN Robot system after comparing the learner’s ACSF spiky profile to the profile of this course
- Hardware/Software requirements: for students to work on assessments, tasks and self-study all learners are expected to have access to a laptop or computer with operating system and office application like Microsoft word at their own cost. Where needed, MIV will provide access to computer labs at MIV campus
Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning) is delivered face-to-face in a classroom environment.
Method of Assessment
- Case studies
- Written questions
- Observation of demonstrated skills, e.g. role play
Participants will develop skills that lead to:
- A master’s program in education or management
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible career outcomes relevant to this qualification include:
- RTO Manager
- Career Development Manager (Education Sector)
- RTO Education Advisor
- RTO General Manager
Tuition and Application Fees
Tuition fees: 14,450 AUD
Application fee: 250 AUD (non-refundable)
Material fee: 300 AUD
- Study period 1 (Deposit to be paid prior to being issued CoE): 2,500 AUD tuition fees, 250 AUD Application fee and 300 Material fee
- Study period 2: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 3: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 4: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 5: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 6: 1,950 AUD tuition fees
(*Deposit for course may vary, please refer to Letter of Offer)
RPL and Credit Transfer
Mercury Institute of Victoria will offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer to all students at the time of enrolment. RPL enables students who have not undertaken the unit or equivalent, but have the required knowledge and skills, to demonstrate competency for the unit in an assessment only pathway. An RPL kit is available for candidates wishing to apply for RPL and information sessions are available to support the candidates in their application.
To apply for this course or for further information please call Mercury Institute of Victoria on 03 9654 0101 or email email@example.com.