CRICOS Code: 104267H
Qualification Status: Current
AQF Level: 5
Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for students who wish to develop their knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Participants will be able to display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload as well as the workload of others. The course will enable them to develop their communication skills in a way that supports individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
Units of Competency
This qualification includes 12 units of competency:
- 6 core units
- 6 elective units
|BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
|BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
|BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
|BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
|BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
|BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
|BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
|BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
|BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
|BSBHRM524 Coordinate workforce plan implementation
|BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
The Diploma of Leadership and Management course will be delivered face-to-face for 20 hours per week over 52 weeks, including term breaks.
Intakes are every month.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- English Language Requirement: an English language proficiency level of one of the following:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent,
- IELTS band 5.0 and a successful completion of ELICOS course minimum 10 weeks, or
- For students from assessment Level 1 countries – Mercury Institute of Victoria English Placement Test
- Academic Requirement: to enter this qualification, applicants should have successfully completed Year 11
- Age Requirement: students must be a minimum age of 18 years or above at the time of course commencement.
- Pre-Training Review: all learners will undertake an initial skills assessment to determine suitability for the course and student needs. The review aims to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, the relevance of the course and relevant experience. Determination of course suitability and additional support (if any) will be made by a qualified assessor
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN): all students will be required to complete an LLN assessment prior to the commencement of the course. MIV uses LLN robot platform for the assessment. All reports, training supplements and recommendations are generated by the LLN Robot system after comparing the learner’s ACSF spiky profile to the profile of this course
- Hardware/Software requirements: for students to work on assessments, tasks and self-study all learners are expected to have access to a laptop or computer with operating system and office application like Microsoft word at their own cost. Where needed, MIV will provide access to computer labs at MIV campus
Diploma of Leadership and Management is delivered face-to-face in a classroom environment.
Method of Assessment
- Case studies
- Written questions
- Observation of demonstrated skills, e.g. role play
Participants will develop skills that lead to:
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, or
- Bachelor of Business
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible career outcomes relevant to this qualification include:
- Frontline Manager
- Business Operations
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Manager
- Sales Team Manager
- Office Manager
- Small Business Owner
Tuition and Application Fees
Tuition fees: 9,450 AUD
Application fee: 250 AUD (non-refundable)
Material fee: 300 AUD
- Study period 1 (Deposit to be paid prior to being issued CoE): 2,500 AUD tuition fees, 250 AUD Application fee and 300 AUD Material fee
- Study period 2: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 3: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 4: 1,950 AUD tuition fees
(*Deposit for course may vary, please refer to Letter of Offer)
RPL and Credit Transfer
Mercury Institute of Victoria will offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer to all students at the time of enrolment. RPL enables students who have not undertaken the unit or equivalent, but have the required knowledge and skills, to demonstrate competency for the unit in an assessment only pathway. An RPL kit is available for candidates wishing to apply for RPL and information sessions are available to support the candidates in their application.
To apply for this course or for further information please call Mercury Institute of Victoria on 03 9654 0101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.