BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS Code: 106669G
Qualification Status: Current
AQF Level: 6
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for students who wish to apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Students at this level will be able to use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters. They should also use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Units of Competency
This qualification includes 10 units of competency:
- 5 core units
- 5 elective units
|Core Units||BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving|
|BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans|
|BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|Elective Units||BSBHRM614 Contribute to strategic workforce planning|
|BSBSTR602 Develop organisational strategies|
|BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development|
|BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBMKG623 Develop marketing plans|
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management course will be delivered face-to-face for 20 hours per week over 78 weeks, including term breaks.
Intakes are every month.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- English Language Requirement: an English language proficiency level of one of the following:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent,
- IELTS band 5.0 and a successful completion of ELICOS course minimum 10 weeks, or
- For students from assessment Level 1 countries – Mercury Institute of Victoria English Placement Test
- Academic Requirement: to enter this qualification, applicants should:
- Have successfully completed a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions). OR
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise
- Age Requirement: students must be a minimum age of 18 years or above at the time of course commencement
- Pre-Training Review: all learners will undertake an initial skills assessment to determine suitability for the course and student needs. The review aims to identify their training needs through questions on previous education or training, the relevance of the course and relevant experience. Determination of course suitability and additional support (if any) will be made by a qualified assessor
- Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN): all students will be required to complete an LLN assessment prior to the commencement of the course. MIV uses LLN robot platform for the assessment. All reports, training supplements and recommendations are generated by the LLN Robot system after comparing the learner’s ACSF spiky profile to the profile of this course.
- Hardware/Software requirements: for students to work on assessments, tasks and self-study all learners are expected to have access to a laptop or computer with operating system and office application like Microsoft word at their own cost. Where needed, MIV will provide access to computer labs at MIV campus.
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is delivered face-to-face in a classroom environment.
Method of Assessment
- Case studies
- Written questions
- Observation of demonstrated skills, e.g. role play
Participants will develop skills that lead to:
- BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning), or
- Advanced qualifications, such as Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Administration.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible career outcomes relevant to this qualification include:
- Area Manager Business Analyst
- Business Development Director
- Chief Executive Officer
- Department Manager
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Quarry Business Manager
- Senior Executive
Tuition and Application fees
Tuition fees: 14,450 AUD
Application fee: 250 AUD (non-refundable)
Material fee: 300 AUD
- Study period 1 (Deposit to be paid prior to being issued CoE): 2,500 AUD tuition fees, 250 AUD Application fee and 300 AUD Material fee
- Study period 2: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 3: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 4: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 5: 2,500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 6: 1,950 AUD tuition fees
(*Deposit for course may vary, please refer to Letter of Offer)
RPL and Credit Transfer
Mercury Institute of Victoria will offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer to all students at the time of enrolment. RPL enables students who have not undertaken the unit or equivalent, but have the required knowledge and skills, to demonstrate competency for the unit in an assessment only pathway. An RPL kit is available for candidates wishing to apply for RPL and information sessions are available to support the candidates in their application.
To apply for this course or for further information please call Mercury Institute of Victoria on 03 9654 0101 or email email@example.com.