Mercury Institute of Victoria is registered under National VET Regulator
Australian Skills Quality Authority:
- Melbourne- Level 6, 595 Collins Street
- Brisbane- Level7, 215 Adelaide Street
- Sydney- Level 10, 255 Elizabeth Street
- Canberra- Ground Floor 64, Northbourne Avenue
T: 1300 701 801
Tuition Protection Service (TPS)
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study.
The TPS ensures that international students are able to either:
- complete their studies in another course or with another education provider or
- receive a refund of their unspent tuition
Http Link for further information: https://tps.gov.au/StaticContent/Get/StudentInformation
These standards detail the specific requirements registered providers must meet to comply with their obligations. These obligations need to be met at the point of CRICOS registration and throughout the CRICOS registration period. Obligations and requirements that relate specifically to the registration process for CRICOS purposes are covered under Part C.
CRICOS-registered providers must comply with 11 standards that ensure their quality of education and professionalism is of a sufficiently high standard to enrol international students. These education providers must demonstrate their compliance with the standards at the point of CRICOS registration and throughout their CRICOS registration period. The 11 standards cover the following aspects of delivery of education to international students:
- Marketing information and practices
- Recruitment of an overseas student
- Formalisation of enrolment and written agreements
- Education agents
- Younger overseas students
- Overseas student support services
- Overseas student transfers
- Overseas student visa requirements
- Deffering, suspending or cancelling the overseas student’s enrolment
- Complaints and appeals
- Additional requirements
For Further ESOS Act Framework details please click below link:
Unique Student Identifier
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) ensures that you have access to all your training records online at any time. It makes life easier for you and your employer. If you are a continuing student in Vocational Education, MIV needs your USI number before issuing qualification or if you are new student, you can create your USI or, MIV can apply for your USI on your behalf.
For further details please visit: https://www.usi.gov.au/students.
For Dependent school-aged and your obligation for school age dependent. Please visit https://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/english/australian-education/bringing-your-children