Student Rights under ESOS Framework:
The ESOS framework protects a student’s rights, including:
- His/her right to receive, before enrolling, current and accurate information about the course, fees, mode of study and other information from MIV and MIV Education agents.
- His/her right to sign an Acceptance Agreement with MIV before, or as you pay fees, setting out the service to be provided, fees payable and information about refunds of course money (refer to Refund Policy and Procedure/ Fees and Charges Policy). The student should keep a copy of the Acceptance Agreement.
- Student right is to get the education that is paid fo The ESOS framework includes consumer protection that will allow the student to receive a refund or to be placed in another course if MIV is unable to teach the course.
The student’s right to know:
- How to use MIV’s Student Support Services.
- Who the contact officer or officers are for overseas students.
- If the student can apply for course credit, and when the enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled.
- What MIV’s requirements are for satisfactory course progress in course(s) chosen
- How students can access MIV’s complaints and appeals process (refer to Complaint and Appeal Policy and Procedure).
For more information, please click on the link below from Department of Education and Training:
ESOS legislative framework