Mercury Institute of Victoria embraces flexibility and equal opportunity, encouraging people to apply for enrolment without discrimination and hoping that an optimal number of students can participate in education and training at the highest level.
The following outlines entry requirements for both local and international students intending to study at Mercury Institute of Victoria.
Entry Requirements for International Students
- Age (MIV is not accepting students under age of 18) for all courses on scope.
- An English language proficiency level of one of the following for courses other than EAL:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (academic test version) or equivalent
- IELTS band 5.0 and a successful completion of ELICOS.
- For Assessment Level 1 countries – MIV English Placement Test
- Minimum secondary studies in your home country equivalent to an Australian Year 11 for courses other than EAL
Note: In case any document that is presented when applying for enrolment at the Mercury Institute of Victoria is in a language other than English, it must be accompanied with an English translated copy.
The Mercury Institute of Victoria selection process is conducted in an ethical and responsible manner. Entry requirements are in accordance with equal opportunity regulations in Australia. Selection and enrolment at MIV is carried out in an ethical and responsible manner, which encourages individuals to apply for enrolment without fear of discrimination. MIV also seeks to identify any special requirements that an individual applicant may have.