CRICOS Code: 088759C
Qualification Status: Current
AQF Level: 6
Total Volume of Learning: 1800 hours
Delivery Mode: Face-to-face
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for students who wish to develop specialised knowledge, skills and experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Students at this level will be able to use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
Units of Competency
This qualification includes 12 units of competency:
- 4 core units
- 8 elective units
||BSBFIM601 Manage finances
|BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
|BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
|BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
||BSBHRM602 Manage human resources strategic planning
|BSBHRM604 Manage employee relations
|BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
|BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
|BSBRSK501 Manage risk
|BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
|BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
|BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan
The Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management course will be delivered face-to-face for 20 hours per week over 52 weeks.
Intakes are every month.
There are no pre-requisities for this course.
- Mercury Institute of Victoria is not accepting students under the age of 18.
- An English language proficiency level of one of the following:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (academic test version) or equivalent,
- IELTS band 5.0 and a successful completion of ELICOS course minimum 10 weeks, or
- For students from assessment Level 1 countries – Mercury Institute of Victoria English Placement Test.
- Minimum secondary studies in your home country equivalent to an Australian Year 11.
- Students need to undertake an LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) test prior to commencement of studies to ensure that they have ability to complete the course.
- As a condition of the Student Visa, the Australian Government requires the student to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Students need to indicate whether they require Mercury Institute of Victoria to organise their OSHC or if they will arrange it by themselves.
Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management is delivered face-to-face in a classroom environment.
Method of Assessment
- Case studies
- Written questions
- Observation of demonstrated skills, e.g. role play
Participants will develop skills that lead to:
- Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership, or
- Advanced qualifications, such as Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Administration.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible career outcomes relevant to this qualification include:
- Area Manager Business Analyst
- Business Development Director
- Chief Executive Officer
- Department Manager
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Quarry Business Manager
- Senior Executive
Tuition and Application fees
Tuition fees: 15,000 AUD
Application fee: 250 AUD (non-refundable)
Material fee: Mercury Institute of Victoria is not charging a material fee
- Study period 1 (Deposit to be paid prior to being issued CoE): 2500 AUD tuition fees and 250 AUD Application fee
- Study period 2: 2500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 3: 2500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 4: 2500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 5: 2500 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 6: 2500 AUD tuition fees
(*Deposit for course may vary, please refer to Letter of Offer)
RPL and Credit Transfer
Mercury Institute of Victoria will offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer to all students at the time of enrolment. RPL enables students who have not undertaken the unit or equivalent, but have the required knowledge and skills, to demonstrate competency for the unit in an assessment only pathway. An RPL kit is available for candidates wishing to apply for RPL and information sessions are available to support the candidates in their application.
To apply for this course or for further information please call Mercury Institute of Victoria on 03 9654 0101 or email email@example.com.