CRICOS Code: 098830G
Qualification Status: Current
AQF Level: 5
Diploma of Leadership and Management is designed for students who wish to develop their knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Participants will be able to display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload as well as the workload of others. The course will enable them to develop their communication skills in a way that supports individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
Units of Competency
This qualification includes 12 units of competency:
- 4 core units
- 8 elective units
||BSBLDR511 Develop and use emotional intelligence
|BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
|BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
|BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
||BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
|BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
|BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
|BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
|BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
|BSBADM502 Manage meetings
|BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
|BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
The Diploma of Leadership and Management course will be delivered face-to-face for 20 hours per week over 52 weeks, including term breaks.
Intakes are every month.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Mercury Institute of Victoria is not accepting students under the age of 18.
- An English language proficiency level of one of the following:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent,
- IELTS band 5.0 and a successful completion of ELICOS course minimum 10 weeks, or
- For students from assessment Level 1 countries – Mercury Institute of Victoria English Placement Test.
- Minimum secondary studies in your home country equivalent to an Australian Year 11.
- Students need to undertake a pre-training review prior to commencement of studies to ensure that they have ability to complete the course.
- As a condition of the Student Visa, the Australian Government requires the student to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Students need to indicate whether they require Mercury Institute of Victoria to organise their OSHC or if they will arrange it by themselves.
Diploma of Leadership and Management is delivered face-to-face in a classroom environment.
Method of Assessment
- Case studies
- Written questions
- Observation of demonstrated skills, e.g. role play
Participants will develop skills that lead to:
- BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, or
- Bachelor of Business
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible career outcomes relevant to this qualification include:
- Frontline Manager
- Business Operations
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Manager
- Sales Team Manager
- Office Manager
- Small Business Owner
Tuition and Application Fees
Tuition fees: 9,750 AUD
Application fee: 250 AUD (non-refundable)
Material fee: Mercury Institute of Victoria is not charging a material fee
Other fees: Other non-tuition fees may include (but not limited to) fees such as application fee, RPL fee, re-assessment fee, late payment fee etc. Overseas students are also required to obtain an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) prior to commencing their studies. Complete information on all the fees and charges will the provided prior to enrolment.
- Study period 1 (Deposit to be paid prior to being issued CoE): 2450 AUD tuition fees and 250 AUD Application fee
- Study period 2: 2450 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 3: 2450 AUD tuition fees
- Study period 4: 2400 AUD tuition fees
(*Deposit for course may vary, please refer to Letter of Offer)
RPL and Credit Transfer
Mercury Institute of Victoria will offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer to all students at the time of enrolment. RPL enables students who have not undertaken the unit or equivalent, but have the required knowledge and skills, to demonstrate competency for the unit in an assessment only pathway. An RPL kit is available for candidates wishing to apply for RPL and information sessions are available to support the candidates in their application.
To apply for this course or for further information please call Mercury Institute of Victoria on 03 9654 0101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.